Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

uncovering my iniquity

Opening Prayer: When I kept silent my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me, my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.  Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity.  I said, “I will confess my transgression to the Lord”—and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. (Psalm 32:3-5)

Scripture: Psalm 32:3-5

Journal:  How is God’s hand heavy upon you these days?  How are you living falsely?  How have you twisted or distorted God’s truth?  How does living falsely wear you out and run you down?  What would it look like to undercover your iniquity?  What is the result?

Reflection: Iniquity is the perversion of God’s good and perfect intentions for my own benefit.  It is twisting his truth to meet my needs.  The reason I typically try so hard to cover up my iniquity is because I am determined to hide my falseness.  And when I do that, it takes its toll on me.  It is not until I am willing to bring my falseness and manipulation and distortion of God’s good and beautiful truth out into the open that I ever have any hope of living at peace with both him and myself.  That’s because God is actually willing to forgive the iniquity of my sin.  And that’s something worth rejoicing about!

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Thank you, O Lord, that you forgive the iniquity of my sin.  Wash me clean this day and help me to rejoice in your forgiveness.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment