Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, February 1, 2021

unconditional trust

Opening Prayer: Help me to trust you, O God, regardless of what is going on in my life.  Regardless of what suffering comes my way.  For you are God and I am not.  Have mercy on me!  Amen.

Scripture: Revelation 2:8-11

Journal: What does your level of trust in the Lord usually depend on?  What would it look like to trust him no matter what?

Reflection:  It’s amazing how much my trust in God is conditioned upon my own ease and comfort.  The minute things get hard I’m like, “What the heck!”  But trust in God cannot be conditional, or it is not trust in God at all, but only trust in our own circumstances.  In the hard times, our faithfulness, and our confidence in God’s goodness, is put to the test.  It shows what we are really made of.  It shows who, or what, we really trust.  Do we really trust in God, or are we simply using him to serve our own purposes?  Is life about him, or is life about us?

If we live in constant fear of what we might suffer, or in constant bitterness over what we already have suffered, the answer is readily apparent.  Our trust in God is totally conditional.  Thus, we don’t really trust him at all.

Help us, O God, to trust you in all things—no matter what.

Prayer

Closing Prayer:  Help us to remain faithful to you, O God, even when things are not going our way.  For you are always faithful to us.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment