Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, November 15, 2020

bigger

Opening Prayer: O Lord, help me to magnify you in all that I do, think, and say.  For this life is about you, not about me.  Amen.

Scripture: Luke 1:46-48

Journal: Who, or what, are you magnifying these days?  What would it look like to magnify the Lord?

Reflection: “My soul magnifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. (Luke 1:46-48) Life with God is about making him big, not vice versa.  It is our job to magnify him, not ourselves.  The Greek word used here is megalynō, which means to make great.  In contrast to the word Mary uses for herself, tapeinōsis, which means to make low.  Thus, our role is to make him bigger, while making ourselves smaller, to lift him high, while making ourselves low.  For this life is not about us, but about him.  It is about his glory, not our own.  We cannot magnify him, if we are constantly trying to magnify ourselves.  Mary realized that.  O Lord, help me to realize it as well.

Prayer

Closing Prayer:  I am here to make you big, not myself.  O Lord, help me to remember that.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment