Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, May 3, 2020

pray yourself in me

Opening Prayer: Lord, I know not what I ought to ask of Thee; Thou only knowest what I need; Thou lovest me better than I know how to love myself.  O Father! Give to Thy child that which he himself knows not how to ask.  I dare not ask either for crosses or consolations; I simply present myself before Thee, I open my heart to Thee.  Behold my needs which I know not myself; see and do according to Thy tender mercy.  Smite, or heal; depress me, or raise me up; I adore all Thy purposes without knowing them; I am silent; I offer myself in sacrifice; I yield myself to Thee; I would have no other desire than to accomplish Thy will.  Teach me to pray.  Pray Thyself in me. ~Francois Fenelon

Scripture: Luke 11:1-13

Journal: Wait in silence today and listen for God to tell you how he wants you to pray and what he wants you to pray and who he wants you to pray for.  What do you hear him saying?  Who is he bringing to mind your mind?  What does he want for them and how does he want you to pray for them?

Reflection:

Teach me to pray, O Father, and I will pray.
For how can I pray, unless you teach me?
When I presume to know the your ways,
I do nothing but show my ignorance.

So show me you will, O God,
That I might align myself with it.
And show me your desires, O Lord,
That they might become my own.

Save me from my own limited perspective.
Save me from my opinions and preferences.
Save me from my own hidden agendas.
Save me from myself.

Give me, this day, O Father,
The very words you want me to pray.
Otherwise I will just sit in silence
And wait for you.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Remind us today, Lord Jesus, that when we pray without first listening, we pray out of context.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment