Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

trust him

Opening Prayer: O Lord, only when I trust in you can I possibly experience the peace and the rest I was created for.  Give me the grace and the strength and the courage to fully trust you this day.  Amen.

Scripture: Psalm 62:8

Journal: How is God inviting you to trust him these days?  What does that look like?  Will you?

Reflection: “Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.” (Psalm 62:8, NIV)  Regardless of how hard I try to make it about something else, somehow it always comes back to trust.  I can choose to live in trust, or I can choose to live in fear.  One makes me my best, God-breathed self, and the other makes me some distorted, twisted, clingy, needy, terrible version of myself.  One that is of no use to anyone.  For when I live in fear, I somehow convince myself that it is all up to me, which makes me demanding, defensive, manipulative, controlling, and self-consumed.  But when I live in trust, I realize that it is all up to God, which allows me to live in the love and the peace and the freedom that God made me for.  Thus, life becomes all about him, rather than all about me.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: So trust him absolutely, people; lay your lives on the line for him.  God is a safe place to be. (Psalm 62:8, The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment