Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

soul rest

Opening Prayer: Find rest, O my soul, in God alone, my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. (Psalm 62:5-6, NIV)

Scripture: Matthew 11:28-30

Journal: Is your soul at rest these days?  Why or why not?  What are the enemies of your soul finding rest?  What are the friends?

Reflection:

stop

rest is an acquired taste
it must be learned
but can’t be forced

train your ears in silence
and eventually 
your heart will follow

train your body in stillness
and before long
your soul will also be still

rest can’t be taken by storm
nor will it just fall on your head
you have to make time and space
for it to be a possibility
you start by stopping

so stop
open your hands 
and receive the gift
of rest

Prayer

Closing Prayer: “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” (Matthew 11:28-30. The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment