Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, August 31, 2018

who

Opening Prayer: Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. (Isaiah 40:28-29, NIV)

Scripture: Isaiah 40:12-31

Journal: Who is God to you these days?  How has he revealed himself to you lately?

Reflection: But who is this Lover of mine?  Is He the Father, whom I approach through His Son?  Is He the Son whom I ask to bring me closer to His Father?  Do I open myself to the breath of the Spirit blowing through me, carrying me before Him as by storm of grace?  Who is this Person into whose arms I run?
     Before me there is a whirlwind, and the center of the whirlwind is a still, small voice, saying, I am.
     I am, before the world was made.
     I am, that to which all the world is striving, the love to which all eros drives, the food for which all hunger reaches.
     I am, the shepherd on the hillside, bearing you up in My arms.
     Loving Ephraim when he was a child.
     Giving my angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.  Letting them bear you up, lest you dash your foot.  Letting you tread on the lion, the adder, the young lion, and the dragon.
     Telling you to untie your sandals, for the place where you’re standing is holy ground.
     Leading you beside still waters.
     Tipping the pitcher and dousing your head with holy oil.
     Better one day in My courts, than a thousand in the tents of wickedness.
     At the heights, this is how He speaks, not only to Moses and the prophets, but to us.  He asks us to cut loose, to be His, to be unbound, attached to nothing but heaven and him.  He asks us to unravel everything that binds us, everything that holds us in the here and now, to come as we are, now, without a change of clothing, without looking back, on a way from which there is no turning back; a strange and unconsoling path along a hidden and unglamorous way. (Clinging by Emilie Griffin)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Help me to know you, O Lord, to truly know you.  But how can I?  How can I possibly know you, unless you reveal yourself to me?  Come, Lord Jesus, and show me the Father.  Have mercy on me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment