Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

fire

Opening Prayer: Set a fire down in my soul that I can’t contain, that I can’t control.  I want more of you God.  I want more of your God. ~Will Reagan

Scripture: Acts 2:1-21

Journal: How and where is the fire of God’s Spirit burning within you these days?  What nurtures that fire?  What hinders it?

Reflection:

     fire

burning within
consuming my heart
with the heat of
your great affection

transforming everything
in his holy path
destroying the old
and the worn
and the false

leaving only 
the new
and the true
the me you dreamt
from the beginning
working your will

empowering and engaging
restoring and refining
bringing a kingdom
that will never end

such is your Spirit
the fire of God

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Burn, O Spirit of the Living God, consume my heart and soul.  Refine and renew and transform this life of mine into all you desire it to be.  For only then will I burn with a passion and a zeal that will impact the world around me.  No one can contain the fires of your Spirit, O Lord, so flame on.  Transform our lives and our world with the heat of your great affection.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment