Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

deepening

Opening Prayer:  Lord Jesus, help me to never be content living with less of you, when you desire so much more for me and from me.  Give me the courage and the strength to move out of the shallow and comfortable places, to those of true depth and trust.  This can happen only by your power, so Lord, have mercy on me.  Amen.

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 2:9-16

Journal: How would you describe your spiritual life these days?  Where have you grown complacent or comfortable?  How does God want more for you?  How does God want more from you?

Refection: Our only desire and our one choice should be this: I want and choose what better leads to God’s deepening His life in me. ~St. Ignatius

Prayers

Closing Prayer: From the desire for life to be easy and comfortable, O Lord, deliver me.  From the temptation to live on the surface of things, O Lord, defend me.  From the tendency to be lackadaisical and complacent in my life with you, O Lord, protect me.  Give me a yearning, O Lord, for a deeper, richer, and fuller life with you.  And then give me the courage and the strength to move in that direction.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment