Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, February 3, 2018

savor

Opening Prayer: Eternal One, let me understand my end and how brief my earthly existence is; help me realize my life is fleeting. You have determined the length of my days, and my life is nothing compared to You. Even the longest life is only a breath.
     In truth, each of us journeys through life like a shadow. We busy ourselves accomplishing nothing, piling up assets we can never keep; We can’t even know who will end up with those things. In light of all this, Lord, what am I really waiting for? You are my hope. (Psalm 39:4-7, The Voice)

Scripture: Psalm 39:4-7

Journal: What does this scripture do within you?  Where does it lead you?  Toward sorrow and despair, or toward hope and resolution?  Why?  Where is your hope these days?

Reflection:
Dear Jim,
     Since life is so incredibly short, here is what I want you to do today: Laugh more.  Love more.  Worry less.  Take yourself less seriously.  Lighten up.  Enjoy.  Savor.  Bring joy and delight to others.

                                                                        Love,
                                                                        Jesus


Prayer

Closing Prayer: O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am! Behold, you have made my days a few handbreadths, and my lifetime is as nothing before you. Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath!
     Surely a man goes about as a shadow! Surely for nothing they are in turmoil; man heaps up wealth and does not know who will gather! And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you. (Psalm 39:4-7, ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment