Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, February 10, 2018

a new land

Opening Prayer: Lord God, there are so many times and so many places in my heart and life where I am still resistant to you and unwilling to let you have your way with me.  I am unwilling to follow you to uncomfortable or unknown places.  I am unwilling to set aside my own convenience and comfort to embrace your desire and direction for my life.  I am unwilling to let go of the many things, patterns, and agendas I am constantly pursuing in order to fully pursue you.  O Lord, forgive me for my unwillingness.  Change my heart.  Lord, have mercy!  Amen.

Scripture: Genesis 13:1-18

Journal: What new land (or season) is God trying to lead you into these days?  How are you responding to his invitation?  What must you let go of in order to enter this new place?

Reflection: I have a suspicion that God longs to lead each of us to a new and beautiful land, if we would simply be willing to follow.  But all too often our refusal to let go of the old, safe places and patterns and ways and habits and seasons keep us from being willing, or able, to fully embrace and enjoy all that he is trying to do in and through us.  Fear or comparison or complacency or cowardice takes hold of us, and keeps us from entering into this new place or vocation or season.  Thus, we end up sacrificing our future because of our past, and we lose out of all that God has in store.  Could it be that he is trying to nudge us into a new way of seeing and of being?  One that will make us realize that we can either lead safe, comfortable lives, or we can fully enter into all that is being offered us.  May we all embrace the new land and the new season that God is offering us.  O God, give us the grace and the courage to do so.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Take, Lord, and receive all that I am and have.  You’ve given it all to me; I give it all back to you.  Do with me as you want.  Just give me your love and your grace and that’s enough. ~St. Ignatius

No comments:

Post a Comment