Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

practices

Opening Prayer: Father, you sent your Word to bring us truth and your Spirit to make us holy.  Through them we come to know the mystery of your life.  Help us to worship you, one God in three persons, you reveal yourself in the depths of our being, by proclaiming and living our faith in you.  Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever. Amen. (The Liturgy of the Hours)

Scripture: 1 Timothy 4:7-16

Journal: What are you doing to nurture your life with God these days?  How do these verses encourage or speak to that?  What is your plan for your spiritual growth going forward?

Reflection: You do not have to do these things; not at all.  God does not, I regret to report, give a hoot.  You do not have to do these things—unless you want to know God.  They work on you, not on him.
    You do not have to sit outside in the dark.  If, however, you want to look at the stars, you will find that darkness is necessary.  But the stars neither require nor demand it. (Teaching a Stone to Talk by Annie Dillard)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Abba, this is Your day. I want to be at Your disposal. I have no idea what these 24 hours will contain. But before I begin, I want You to know, that from this moment on, throughout this day, I am Yours.  Help me to be a branch that remains in the Vine, to lean on You, to draw strength from You, and to have You fill my mind and my thoughts. Take control of my senses so that I am literally filled with Your presence and power and dynamic. I want to be Your tool, Your vessel today. I can’t make it happen. Without You I can accomplish nothing. And so, I’m saying, Abba, fill me with Your Holy Spirit today.  ~Fil Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment