Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, September 28, 2017

knock, knock

Opening Prayer: O God, my Father, I have no words, no words by which I dare express the things that stir within me.  I lay bare myself, my world, before you in quietness.  Brood over my spirit with your great tenderness and understanding and judgment, so that I find, in some strange way, strength for my weakness, health for my illness, guidance for my journey.  This is the stirring of my heart, O God, my Father.  Amen. ~Howard Thurman

Scripture: Revelation 3:20-22

Journal: How is God stirring you these days?  How is he knocking?  What does it look like to open the door and let him in to that part of your life or heart?  What is he saying to you today?

Reflection: The presence of God is never intrusive.  He will not break the door down and bust into your life; that is not his way.  Instead, he will stand, knocking and calling.  He will wait for us to hear his voice and to open the door.  Thus, there are two parts to this equation, the hearing and the opening.  Both are a necessary.  Once we hear and open, then, and only then, will he come in, draw up a chair, and invite us to taste and see that he is good.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Come in, Lord Jesus.  I hear your voice and I open the door.  Come, be with me, dine with me, and speak to me.  Give me the life and the intimacy my soul most deeply longs for.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment