Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, May 26, 2017

empty

Opening Prayer: O Lord my God, give me the same attitude this day as that of Christ Jesus, who emptied himself and made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant.  May I do the same.  Amen.

Scripture: Philippians 2:5-8

Journal: How is God calling you to empty yourself these days?  How is that process going?

Reflection: If we are too full, there is no room within us to receive the beautiful and life-giving things that God longs to give.  Therefore, we must empty ourselves.  We must empty ourselves of anxiety and insecurity and fear.  We must empty ourselves of opinion and agenda and demand.  We must empty ourselves of all of our need.  Ultimately, I suppose, we must empty ourselves of self.  We must empty ourselves of entitlement and right and privilege, just like Jesus did.  For only then will be totally open and completely surrendered to whatever God wants to do in and through us.  And that is the path to life and love and wholeness.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: O Lord, forgive me that most days I am so full of myself that there is no room for you.  Empty me, O God, of all that is not you, that I might be who you long for me to be and love the way you desire me to love.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment