Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

descent

Opening Prayer: If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,” even the darkness is not dark to you, O Lord; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you.
     For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. (Psalm 139:11-14)

Scripture: Matthew 12:39-40

Journal: What does the sign of Jonah mean to you?  Where is the sign of Jonah present in your spiritual experience right now?  Where are you having to wait in the darkness for God to spit you out on some new shore?

Reflection: Descent into the darkness is necessary to all life, to transformation and to fresh, new revelations of God.  Even in darkness, something is forming.  We recite the promise of Messiah’s coming, remembering the months of gestation preceding Jesus’ birth. . . . . What yet unborn soul-gift in you is waiting to bless the world?  And what would it take to nurture it into fullness? ~Joelle Chase

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Where shall I go from your Spirit?  Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in the depths, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me fast. (Psalm 139:7-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment