Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, October 6, 2016

healing

Opening Prayer: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)

Scripture: Psalm 23:4

Journal: Where or how do you feel like you are walking through the shadow of death right now?  Where is God in the midst of it?  Are you sensing his companionship or comfort?  How are tempted to try and go around it rather than through it?  How will you make it through?

Reflection:


healing

the way
is not out
but through
not escape
but embrace
not in spite of
but because of

the easy way
offers nothing
but escape
no change
only relief
temporarily
but in the end
it leaves us
the same

the healing way
is through
rather than around
this is the way
that marks
and transforms

calling us to become

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I’m not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd’s crook makes me feel secure. (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment