Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

enough

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, you are all we need.  It is not you plus anything else, it is simply you alone.  Help us to live like that today.  Amen.

Scripture: John 14:8-11

Journal: Fill in the blank for yourself today: “Lord,_________and it is enough for me.”

Reflection: Lord Jesus, what will be enough for me?  What will it take for me to fully trust that your heart for me is good and you can and will fully take care of my life?  After all, if you are not enough, what is? 
     Lord Jesus, help me to fully realize, and to trust in the fact, that you are more than enough.  There need be no additions, and no caveats.  You are more than enough for me. 
     Help me to realize that when I start thinking God and rather than God alone, I have wondered into dangerous territory.  I have built my house on shaky ground.  For only you alone are enough.  You are the end and not merely a means to an endAnd if I approach you as a means to an end, rather than the end itself, I am not really approaching you at all. 
     Jesus, you are more than enough.  Help me to fully realize that, and to live in that truth.  Help me to trust in you this day—fully.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, you are more than enough for me today.  Thanks be to God!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment