Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

my grace is sufficient

Opening Prayer:  Thank you, Lord Jesus, that your grace is sufficient for me.  Help me to believe that truth and live in it today.  Amen.

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 12:9

Journal: How or where do you need to hear the words my grace is sufficient for you today?  How do these words intersect with your life right now?  Is the grace of Jesus enough for you today?  Why or why not?  Be honest.

Reflection: “My grace is enough: it’s all you need.” (2 Corinthians 12:9, The Message)  I don’t know about you, but I have kind of a love-hate relationship with the word enough.  On the one hand, I constantly feel like I am not enough, and continuously try to prove to myself and to my world otherwise.  Somehow I have taken on the burden of proving that I am worth loving.  It is both consuming and exhausting.  And on the other hand, Jesus comes along and tells me that in him, in his grace, I am more than enough.  In fact, his grace is enough for me.  It is all I need.  Apparently, I am constantly trying to prove something that has already been decided.  Maybe it is time for me to take Jesus at his word.  Maybe it is time for me to stop trying so hard to prove that I am worth loving, and simply believe that I am loved.  Maybe it’s time for me to accept his grace, to receive it, to live in it, and to be free.

Prayer

Closing Prayer:  Lord Jesus, thank you that I do not have to be enough today, because you are.  Help me to walk in that freedom today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment