Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

the beatitudes, tuesday

Tuesday, November 17

Opening Prayer: Lord, give us to learn from Christ to be gentle and lowly in heart, that we may find rest for our souls; and that herein the same mind may be in us that was also in Christ Jesus.  Lord, conceal pride from us, and clothe us with humility; and put upon us the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in your sight is very precious. Amen. ~Matthew Henry

Scripture: Matthew 5:5

Journal: What does the word meek mean to you?  Do you see it as a positive or a negative word?  Why?  Why do you think Jesus calls us to be meek?  What does that look like?

Reflection:
 
     “Blessed are you.”
     No stranger words ever startled the ears of the poor, the humble, the meek, the mourning.  What had been considered a curse is proclaimed a blessing!  A living death is called “a more abundant life.”  Bad news becomes “Good news.”
     The beatitudes are Jesus’ self-portrait, the most personal description we have of Him in the Gospels.  They are the timeless image of Christ. (Surprised by the Spirit by Edward Farrell)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: My Father, for the truth Jesus gave me concerning your Kingdom, I express my moving thanks.  Be in me increasingly that your Kingdom, your rule, may guide my decisions, inspire my will, and determine my actions.  Amen. (Deep is the Hunger by Howard Thurman)

No comments:

Post a Comment