Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

believe, tuesday

Tuesday, November 10

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for showing us how much we are loved.  Help us to actually believe that it’s true.  Amen.

Scripture: John 3:14-17

Journal: Do you truly believe that God loves you?  Do you really believe that you are his Beloved and that he delights in you?  Do you really believe that you are his son or daughter?  What impact does that have on your life?

Reflection:

A letter from God

You, my Beloved, have captured my heart.
I am filled to overflowing with affection for you.
O give me now your heart, lest mine burst within me.
One more second I cannot stand
Without the company of your presence,
Without the warmth of your embrace.
I think about you all the hours of the day,
Yearning for your glance, your smile, your touch.
I am totally captivated by you!
O how I long for you to be
Convinced of your beauty,
Convinced of your strength,
Convinced of your infinite value.
I long for you to know the depths of my affection
And the wild intensity of my passionate love.
I love you, O my Beloved.  You are mine. (Pieces II by Jim Branch)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Father, I love You Whom I do not know, and I embrace You Whom I do not see, and I abandon myself to You Whom I have offended, because You love in me Your only begotten Son.  You see Him in me, You embrace Him in me, because He has willed to identify Himself completely with me by that love which brought Him to death, for me, on the Cross. (Thoughts in Solitude by Thomas Merton)

No comments:

Post a Comment