Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

the will, wednesday

Wednesday, September 2

Opening Prayer: Your will, O Lord, and not my own.  Your life, O God, both in and through me.  Your Kingdom come, O King of kings.  Make me wholly yours.  Amen.

Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24

Journal: Which of these comes easiest for you: rejoice always, pray continually, or in all things give thanks?  Which is the most difficult?  Why?  How do you tend the inner fires of God’s Spirit?  What area of life is most in need of attention in order for you to be sanctified through and through?  How do you respond to the phrase “He will do it?”  What does that do within you?  Why?

Reflection:
 
Faith knows no boundaries between the will of God and all of life. (A Man’s Quest for God by Abraham Joshua Heschel)

 
We are no more to think “What should I do?” but “What would the Living One have me do?” ~George MacDonald

Prayers

Closing Prayer: Take Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, all that I have and possess.  Thou hast given all to me.  To Thee, O Lord, I return it.   All is Thine, dispose of it wholly according to Thy will. Give me Thy love and thy grace, for this is sufficient for me. ~Ignatius of Loyola

No comments:

Post a Comment