Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

rest, wednesday

Wednesday, September 16

Opening Prayer: Set our hearts at rest in your presence, O God, that we might live in quietness and trust forever.  May your righteousness offer us peace and confidence, and enable us to abide with you in the secure dwellings you promise for your people.  Amen.

Scripture: Isaiah 32:16-18

Journal: What is the relationship between righteousness, peace, and rest?  Are those three things part of your current inner reality?  Why do you say that?  Can you rest in the righteousness of Jesus?

Reflection:
     I can never fully rest in Jesus if I am constantly trying to fill my soul with the affirmation and admiration of others.  It will wear me down and wear me out.  Rest only comes when I am not dancing for others anymore, not jockeying for position in their hearts and minds.  Rest only comes when, by God's grace and power, the chains are broken that bind me to the care of what others think and say, and I am able to fully attach myself (my value and my worth) to him, and him alone.  Only then can I truly rest.  And only then can I truly love.

Prayers

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, it is not what I do that gives me rest, but who you are.  Help me to always remember that.  It is your righteousness that gives me peace.  It is your righteousness that offers me quietness and trust.  It is your righteousness that offers me rest.  Thank you!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment