Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, June 27, 2015

more, saturday

Saturday, June 27

Opening Prayer: God of Hospitality, I want to prepare my heart for your coming. Stay close by me as I walk through busy days. Open my eyes and ears and heart that I may see you all around me. Amen. ~Beth A. Richardson

Scripture: Philippians 1:8-10

Journal: Who or what is causing your love for God to abound more and more these days?  How is God at work in you, growing that love?  How is that growing love expressing itself to those around you?

Reflection:
 
To love is good, too: love being difficult. For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation. (Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke)

 
Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.  (Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke)

Prayers

Closing Prayer: So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush. Live a lover’s life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God. ~The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment