Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, June 12, 2015

hard, friday

Friday, June 12

Opening Prayer:  O Lord God Almighty, only in your economy would it be possible for something to be hard, yet good.  As a matter of fact, you often use the hardest things of this life to teach us the deepest truths about your character, your sovereignty, and your love.  Help us to hold always to the hope that with you there is always good to be found somewhere, even in the midst of the hard.  Amen.

Scripture: Psalm 119:71-72

Journal: What things in your life right now are hard, but good?  How are they hard?  How are they good?  What good fruit are they producing in you?

Reflection:
 
     “I tell you he is the King of the wood and the son of the great Emperor-beyond-the-Sea.  Don’t you know who is the King of Beasts?  Aslan is a lion – the Lion, the great Lion.”  
     “Ooh!” said Susan.  “I’d thought he was a man.  Is he – quite safe?  I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion.”  
     “That you will, dearie, and no mistake,” said Mrs. Beaver; “if there’s anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking, they’re either braver than most or else just silly.”  
     “Then he isn’t safe?” said Lucy.  
     “Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you?  Who said anything about safe?  Of Course he isn’t safe.  But he is good.  He’s the King, I tell you.” (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis)

Prayers

Closing Prayer: Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on me.  Help, O God, my unbelief.  Heal, O Lord, my wounded soul.  Raise me up from sin and death.  Recover for me, O Lover of Mankind, exceeding joy in pleasing You, my God.  Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on me.  Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now, and ever, and unto the ages of ages.  Amen. ~Scott Cairns (from God for Us)

No comments:

Post a Comment