Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, February 21, 2015

tears, saturday

Saturday, February 21

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
         
Opening Prayer: O God. We give ourselves over to your care, trusting only in your infinite mercy and love.  We will continue to give thanks to you, O Lord, for all that we have and all that we are.  We will rest assured in the knowledge that when we cry to you in sadness or in joy you will hear our cry and make reply.  Amen. (A Guide to Prayer for All Who Walk with God by Rueben P. Job, Norman Shawchuck, and John Mogabgab)
                     
Scripture Reading for the Day: Psalm 126:1-6

Reading for Reflection:
 
“Tears hollow out places in the heart,” wrote Gibran, “where joy can grow.”  To be emptied is to create a place that can be filled.  “They that sow in tears…” says the psalmist, and which of us has no tears to sow? (Living Prayer by Robert Benson)

 
     So much is distilled in our tears, not the least of which is wisdom in living life.  From my own tears I have learned that if you follow your tears, you will find your heart.  If you find your heart, you will find what is dear to God.  And if you find what is dear to God, you will find the answer to how you should live your life. (Windows of the Soul by Ken Gire)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself    
                      
Closing Prayer: Help me O God,
Give me the courage to cry.
Help me to understand that tears bring
     freshly washed colors arching across the soul,
     colors that wouldn’t be there apart from the rain.
Help me to see in the prism of my tears,
     something of the secret of who I am.
Give me the courage
     not only to see what those tears are revealing
     but to follow where they are leading.
And help me to see
     that where they are leading me is home.
(Windows of the Soul by Ken Gire)

No comments:

Post a Comment