Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, September 20, 2014

our identity in Christ, saturday

Saturday, September 20

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
         
Opening Prayer: O God, our Heavenly Father, who created us beautifully and wonderfully, may we always look to You for our value and worth, remembering that we are a unique expression of your infinite love, care, and creativity.  Help us, O Lord, to see ourselves as you see us in Christ—objects of your extravagant love and tender affection.  Amen.
                                
Scripture Reading for the Day: John 10:1-18

Reading for Reflection:
 
As long as we keep running around, anxiously trying to affirm ourselves or be affirmed by others, we remain blind to One who has loved us first, dwells in our heart, and has formed our truest self.  But we can also open our eyes.  We can see a new way forward. (Turn My Mourning Into Dancing by Henri J.M. Nouwen)

Identity does not grow out of action until it has taken root in belonging. (Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                 
Closing Prayer: To the one who provides for my needs and inspires my desires.  They say, “Discover your own truth.”  You say, “I am the truth.”  They say, “Find your own way in the world.”  You say, “I am the way.”  They say, “Follow your dreams.”  You say, “Follow me.”  They say, “Live your own life.”  You say, “I am the life.”  They say, “Find yourself.”  You say, “Come unto me.”  It is astonishing how much depends on which voice I choose to listen to. (A Heart Exposed by Steven James)

No comments:

Post a Comment