Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, August 11, 2014

space, monday

Monday, August 11

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Teach me, God to make room for you in all the events and affairs of my days.  Then I shall find rest.  Then I will be at peace with myself and with you. (Norman Shawchuck in A Guide To Prayer for All Who Seek God)

Scripture Reading for the Day: Psalm 18:16-19

Reading for Reflection:
 
Spaciousness is always a beginning, a possibility, a potential, a capacity for birth.  Space exists not in order to be filled but to create.  In space, to the extent we can bear the truth of the way things are, we find the ever-beginning presence of Love.  Take the time, then; make the space.  Seek it wherever you can find it, do it however you can.  The manner does not matter, and the experience you have there is of secondary importance.  Seek the Truth, not what is comfortable.  Seek the Real, not the easy. (The Awakened Heart by Gerald G. May)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
          
Closing Prayer: Ever-present God, with all of creation I immerse myself in you.  I let go of both the past and the future and leave all of my concerns in your strong and loving hands.  Allow me to fully enter into this space and this time.  Allow me to fully be with you, here and now.  In the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment