Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, April 10, 2014

letting go, thursday

Thursday, April 10

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Take, Lord, and receive all that I am and have.  You’ve given it all to me; I give it all back to you.  Do with me as you want.  Just give me your love and your grace and that’s enough.

                                                                                                ~St. Ignatius

 
Scripture Reading for the Day: Mark 10:17-31

Reading for Reflection:

     As long as I am plagued by doubts about my self-worth, I keep looking for gratification from people around me and yield quickly to any type of pain, mental or physical.  But when I can slowly detach myself from this need for human affirmation and discover that it is in relationship with Jesus that I find my true self, an unconditional surrender to him becomes not only possible but even the only desire, and pain inflicted by people will not touch me in the center.  When my self is anchored not in people but in God, I will have a much greater resistance against pain.  (The Genesee Diary by Henri J. M. Nouwen)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                        
Closing Prayer: O eternal God, sanctify my body and soul, my thoughts and intentions, my words and actions, that whatsoever I shall think, or speak, or do, may be by me designed for the glory of your name.  Through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

                                                                                                   ~Jeremy Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment