Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, April 11, 2014

letting go, friday

Friday, April 11

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Take, Lord, and receive all that I am and have.  You’ve given it all to me; I give it all back to you.  Do with me as you want.  Just give me your love and your grace and that’s enough.

                                                                                                ~St. Ignatius

Scripture Reading for the Day: Mark 10:32-52

Reading for Reflection:

    Only prayer allows us to hear another voice, to respond to the larger possibilities, to find a way out of our need to order and control.  Then the questions that seem to shape our identity will not matter so much:  Who says good things about me?  Who doesn’t?  Who is my friend?  My enemy?  How many like me?  As we make God the center of our lives, our sense of who we are will depend less on what others think of or say about us.  We will cease being prisoners of the interpersonal.  (Turn My Mourning Into Dancing by Henri J.M. Nouwen)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                         
Closing Prayer: Jesus, Lord God and Creator of all things, be yourself our joy, who are the future prize.  May our glory be in you always, through all the ages.  Amen. (Little Book of Hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment