Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

who are you? day 4

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer:
Dear Jesus,
     Who am I really?  What do you see in me that you would move heaven and earth to capture my heart?  My life feels like a collection of other people’s expectations and disappointments.  I do not even know anymore who I truly am.  Reveal to me my true identity, my true place in Your story.  Give me grace to hear your voice; shut out all other voices, and let me hear from you alone.  I ask this in your name.  Amen. (The Sacred Romance Workbook by John Eldredge)


Psalm for the Week: Psalm 62

Scripture for the Day: John 15:1-11


Reading for Reflection:


At every moment you choose yourself.  But do you choose your self?  Body and soul contain a thousand possibilities out of which you can build many I 's.  But in only one of them is there a congruence of the elector and the elected.  Only one—which you will never find until you have excluded all those superficial and fleeting possibilities of being and doing with which you toy, out of curiosity or wonder or greed, and which hinder you from casting anchor in the experience of mystery of life, and the consciousness of the talent entrusted to you which is your I.  (Markings by Dag Hammarskjold)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Song for the Week: Arise (by Ryan Long)

 
Beloved can you hear me
I call across eternity
I am your God
Are you listening?
Arise my Love and Come with me
Arise my Love and Come with me
Your heart is sore. Your feet are weary.
Your hope is gone. Your head is hung.
Leave behind the nothing
That you've become.
Arise my love and come with me.
Arise my love and come with me.
Arise and come and become what you believe.
Lay down your burdens my love and come with me.
Arise my love and come with me.
Arise my Love and Come with me
 

Closing Prayer: 
O God, our Heavenly Father, who created us beautifully and wonderfully, may we always look to You for our value and worth, remembering that we are a unique expression of your infinite love, care, and creativity.  Help us, O Lord, to see ourselves as you see us—objects of your extravagant love and tender affection.  Through Christ.  Amen. (JLB)

No comments:

Post a Comment