Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, June 8, 2013

home, day 6

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer:
Dear God, Help me to see my life here on earth is just the night before Christmas, and that when I awake in heaven, it will be Christmas morning.  The once-empty stockings now bulging.  The once-hidden presents now under the tree, waiting to be unwrapped.  The holiday meal once waiting to be cooked now on the table, waiting to be eaten.  Here, the dream of sugar plums.  There the awakening to wide-eyed wonder of all You have prepared for us…Amen. (Reflections on the Word by Ken Gire)  

Psalm for the Week: Psalm 126

Scripture for the Day: 1 Corinthians 15:50-58


Reading for Reflection:


There are two realities to which you must cling.  First, God has promised that you will receive the love you have been searching for.  And second, God is faithful to that promise. 
     So stop wandering around.  Instead, come home and trust that God will bring you what you need.  Your whole life you have been running about, seeking the love you desire.  Now it is time to end that search.  Trust that God will give you that all-fulfilling love…Just stop running and start trusting and receiving.
     Home is where you are truly safe.  It is where you can receive what you desire.  You often need human hands to hold you there so you don’t run away again.  But when you come home and stay home, you will find the love that will bring rest to your heart (The Inner Voice of Love by Henri J. M. Nouwen)
 
 
Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Song for the Week: Jesus Let Us Come to Know You
 
Jesus let us come to know You,
Let us see you face to face
Touch us, hold us, use us, mold us;
only let us live in you
 
Jesus draw us ever nearer,
hold us in your loving arms
Wrap us in your gentle presence;
when the end comes, bring us home.  
 
 
Closing Prayer: 
Dear Lord Jesus,
     Thank you that here and there you have shown me glimpses of heaven, however briefly.  Now and then you have sent me echoes of it, however faintly.  And that once in a while you have allowed it to touch me, however gently.  Those glimpses, those echoes, those touches have awakened my longing for home, and for each one of those awakenings, I thank you.
     Thank you that I have a room in your Father’s house.  A place just for me.  Thank you for all you have done to ready it for my arrival.  For all the longings that lead me there and for all the reminders that let me know that this is not my home, I thank you, O Lord.  Remind me often, for so often I forget, that the very best of homes here on earth is just a shadow of the home waiting for me in heaven. (Moments with the Savior by Ken Gire)

No comments:

Post a Comment