Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

gathering, day 4

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer:
O Lord our God, help us to be faithful to gather what you have provided for our hearts and souls this day—that we may feed on you and live. In the name of Jesus, the bread of life. Amen. (JLB)


Psalm for the Week: Psalm 147

Scripture for the Day: Jeremiah 31:1-14

Reading for Reflection:

I find you there in every single thing
to which I'm good and like a loving brother
a tiny seed, in small things, slumbering
a great unfolding in the greater other.

That wondrous interplay of forces, flowing
through everything that follows your direction:
in roots it's rising, in the heartwood going
and in the leaves, how like a resurrection.
          (The Book of Hours by Rainer Maria Rilke)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Song for the Week: I'll Find You There

When I needed love
When I needed peace
When I needed understanding
I’ll find you there

When I needed hope
When I needed strength
When I needed someone who cares
I’ll find you there

Lord, you made me laugh
Even when I felt like crying
Lord, you made me sing
Even when my heart was aching
Lord, you let me hide in you
When the sky was raging
I know the sun always shines
After the rain

I’ll find you there
I’ll find you there
I’ll find you there, O Lord


Closing Prayer:
Lord Jesus, thank you that you are present in the midst of the broken pieces of this day. May we find you there as we gather them up and may it help us to trust both your provision for us, as well as the goodness of your heart. Amen. (JLB)

No comments:

Post a Comment