Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

gathering, day 3

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer:
O Lord our God, help us to be faithful to gather what you have provided for our hearts and souls this day—that we may feed on you and live. In the name of Jesus, the bread of life. Amen. (JLB)


Psalm for the Week: Psalm 147

Scripture for the Day: Zephaniah 3:14-20

Reading for Reflection:

Spiritual life seems to be about seeing and harvesting.  Seeing the holy in the ordinary!  Harvesting angels out of what appears to be the crumbs of daily existence!  Spending your days in the fast lane of life impairs the quality of your seeing.  If you want to see to the depths, you will need to slow down.  You live in a world of theophanies.  Holiness comes wrapped in the ordinary.  There are burning bushes all around you.  Every tree is full of angels.  Hidden beauty is waiting in every crumb.  Life wants to lead you from crumbs to angels, but this can happen only if you are willing to unwrap the ordinary by staying with it long enough to harvest its treasure.  (A Tree Full of Angels by Macrina Wiederkehr)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Song for the Week: I'll Find You There

When I needed love
When I needed peace
When I needed understanding
I’ll find you there

When I needed hope
When I needed strength
When I needed someone who cares
I’ll find you there

Lord, you made me laugh
Even when I felt like crying
Lord, you made me sing
Even when my heart was aching
Lord, you let me hide in you
When the sky was raging
I know the sun always shines
After the rain

I’ll find you there
I’ll find you there
I’ll find you there, O Lord


Closing Prayer:
Lord Jesus, thank you that you are present in the midst of the broken pieces of this day. May we find you there as we gather them up and may it help us to trust both your provision for us, as well as the goodness of your heart. Amen. (JLB)

No comments:

Post a Comment