Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, August 2, 2012

the soil of your soul, day 4

Come to Stillness:
Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer
Father,
      Allow the soil of my soul to be a place that is fertile and receptive to all that you desire to plant in my heart. Tend it carefully and nurture all that has sprung up in me that is of you; that I may be a garden of your delight. Through Jesus. Amen. (JLB)

Psalm for the Week: Psalm 65

Scripture for the Day: Matthew 13:24-30

Reading for Reflection:

             I find you there in all these things
            I care for like a brother.
            A seed, you nestle in the smallest of them,
            and in the huge ones spread yourself hugely.

            Such is the amazing play of powers:
            they give themselves so willingly,
            swelling in the roots, thinning as the trunks rise,
            and in the high leaves, resurrection.
            (Book of Hours by Rainer Maria Rilke)


Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Song for the Week: You Have Redeemed My Soul

You have redeemed my soul from the pit of emptiness
You have redeemed my soul from death (Repeat)
 
 
I was a hungry child, a dried up river.
I was a burned out forest
And no one could do anything for me
But you put food in my body, water in my dry bed
And to my blackened branches
You brought springtime green and a new life
And nothing is impossible for you

Closing Prayer:
Grow your good grace in me O God. Make me receptive to the ways that you water and tend this garden of my heart. Prune me where I need pruning, nurture me where I need nurturing, weed me where I need weeding, and care for me tenderly where I need your tender care. I love you, O Gardner of my soul. In the tenderness of Jesus. Amen. (JLB)

No comments:

Post a Comment