Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, October 28, 2016

loved

Opening Prayer: Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike, O Lord. How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings. You feed them from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your river of delights. For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see.  Pour out your unfailing love on those who love you; give justice to those with honest hearts. (Psalm 36:5-10, NLT)

Scripture: Psalm 36:5-10

Journal: What is your experience of God’s love these days?  How would you describe it?  How is his love revealing itself to you?  How is it revealing itself through you?

Reflection:

                        Love (III)
                        by George Herbert

Love bade me welcome: yet my soul drew back,
            Guilty of dust and sin.
But quick-eyed Love, observing me grow slack
            From my first entrance in,
Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning
            If I lacked anything.

“A guest," I answered, “worthy to be here”:           
            Love said, “You shall be he.”
“I, the unkind, ungrateful? Ah, my dear,
            I cannot look on thee.”
Love took my hand, and smiling did reply,
            “Who made the eyes but I?"

“Truth, Lord; but I have marred them; let my shame
            Go where it doth deserve.”
“And know you not," says Love, “who bore the blame?”
            “My dear, then I will serve.”
“You must sit down," says Love, “and taste my meat.”
            So I did sit and eat.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: God’s love is meteoric, his loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, his verdicts oceanic. Yet in his largeness nothing gets lost; not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks.
     How exquisite your love, O God! How eager we are to run under your wings, to eat our fill at the banquet you spread as you fill our tankards with Eden spring water. You’re a fountain of cascading light, and you open our eyes to light. (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment