Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, August 16, 2014

space, saturday

Saturday, August 16

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Teach me, God to make room for you in all the events and affairs of my days.  Then I shall find rest.  Then I will be at peace with myself and with you. (Norman Shawchuck in A Guide To Prayer for All Who Seek God)

Scripture Reading for the Day: Psalm 37:1-11

Reading for Reflection:
 
“Think glorious thoughts of God—and serve Him with a quiet mind!”  And it is surely a fact that the more glorious and more spacious our thoughts of Him are, the greater the quietude and confidence with which we do our detailed work will be.  Not controversial thoughts, or narrow conventional thoughts, or dry academic thoughts, or anxious worried thoughts.  All these bring contraction instead of expansion to our souls; and we all know that this inner sense of contraction or expansion is the unfailing test of our spiritual state.  (The House of the Soul and Concerning the Inner Life by Evelyn Underhill)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
          
Closing Prayer: O God of peace, when I fret and worry it takes up space within me that is intended to be occupied only by you.  Instead, I become completely occupied with myself.  Help me to turn from fret to delight, from trusting in my agenda and control to trusting in your deep love and affection.  For those who wait on the Lord shall inherit the land.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment