Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

recognizing, tuesday

Tuesday, August 5

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Late have I loved you, O Beauty ever ancient, ever new, late have I loved you!  You were within me, but I was outside, and it was there that I searched for you.  In my unloveliness I plunged into the lovely things which you created.  You were with me, but I was not with you.  Created things kept me from you; yet if they had not been in you they would not have been at all.  You called, you shouted, and you broke through my deafness.  You flashed, you shone, and you dispelled my blindness.  You breathed your fragrance on me; I drew in breath and now I pant for you.  I have tasted you, now I hunger and thirst for more.  You touched me, and I burned for your peace. (The Confessions of St. Augustine)

Scripture Reading for the Day: Judges 6:7-24

Reading for Reflection:
 
     Our mundane experiences contain all the stuff of holiness and of human growth in grace.  Our world is rife with messages and signatures of the Spirit.  Our encounters with one another are potential sites of awakening and energizing that characterize the Spirit.  But so much goes unnoticed.  We fail to recognize the light that shines through all the chinks and the dusty panes of our daily lives.  We are too busy to name the event that is blessed in its ordinariness, holy in its uniqueness, and grace-filled in its underlying challenge. (Every Bush Is Burning by Joan Puls)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Closing Prayer: Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him.
                                Be still before the Lord and wait patiently…
                                    Be still before the Lord and wait…
                                               Be still before the Lord…
                                                          Be still…
                                                              Be…
                                                        Psalm 37:7

No comments:

Post a Comment