Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, August 15, 2014

space, friday

Friday, August 15

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Teach me, God to make room for you in all the events and affairs of my days.  Then I shall find rest.  Then I will be at peace with myself and with you. (Norman Shawchuck in A Guide To Prayer for All Who Seek God)

Scripture Reading for the Day: Deuteronomy 11:8-32

Reading for Reflection:
 
All forms of spiritual discipline help us to make more space for God in our lives.  Fasting and prayer seem to be two of the most effective tools in clearing away our self-preoccupation so we can be more responsive to God’s life in and through and around us. (Soul Feast by Marjorie J. Thompson)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
        
Closing Prayer:
Dear Jesus,
all too often I give you a small part of my life
and then set about convincing  myself that
what I’ve given you is enough.

I could use some more of your presence,
some more of your mystery,
rising out of the water around me,
glistening in the sun, splashing wildly through my life.

Sometimes I turn to food or sex or work to
fill my soul.
Why do I expect the visible to heal the invisible?

A soul this damaged can only be bandaged by your hand.
(A Heart Exposed by Steven James)

No comments:

Post a Comment