Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

recognizing, wednesday

Wednesday, August 6

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Late have I loved you, O Beauty ever ancient, ever new, late have I loved you!  You were within me, but I was outside, and it was there that I searched for you.  In my unloveliness I plunged into the lovely things which you created.  You were with me, but I was not with you.  Created things kept me from you; yet if they had not been in you they would not have been at all.  You called, you shouted, and you broke through my deafness.  You flashed, you shone, and you dispelled my blindness.  You breathed your fragrance on me; I drew in breath and now I pant for you.  I have tasted you, now I hunger and thirst for more.  You touched me, and I burned for your peace. (The Confessions of St. Augustine)

Scripture Reading for the Day: Exodus 3:1-14

Reading for Reflection:
 
     Every once in a while, life can be very eloquent.  You can go along from day to day not noticing very much, not seeing or hearing very much, and then all the sudden, when you least expect it very often, something speaks to you with such power that it catches you off guard, makes you listen whether you want to or not.  Something speaks to you out of your own life with such directness that it is as if it calls you by name and forces you to look where you have not had the heart to look before, to hear something that maybe for years you have not had the wit or the courage to hear.  (A Room Called Remember by Frederick Buechner)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Closing Prayer: Lord God, Maker of all, give me the wisdom and the grace to “turn aside” today and pay careful attention to the ways and the places and the people through whom you might be trying to speak.  In the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment