Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, August 7, 2026

thorns

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to understand that weak is strong in your kingdom.  My weaknesses are meant to help reveal your strength.  Forgive me when I try to hide them rather than embrace them.  They are actually invitations to a deeper life with you.

Read: 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

Reflect:


the deeper the need

the bigger the grace

the deeper the weakness

the greater his power

the deeper the desperation

the more vibrant his life in you

the deeper the thorns cut

the sweeter the revelations

 

i guess the thorns

ain’t so bad after all

Journal: How is Jesus inviting you to discover his grace in your weaknesses?  Be specific.  What is your thorn these days?  How is God using it to make you more dependent on him?

Pray: Ask God to help you embrace your weaknesses so that you might reveal his power.  They are opportunities, not obstacles.

Closing Prayer: Forgive me, Lord Jesus, when I try to hide my weaknesses so that people will think better of me.  Because my weaknesses were meant to help display your power.  When I refuse to be vulnerable and embrace my weaknesses, I make life about me rather than about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment