Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, January 27, 2024

storms

Opening Prayer: Forgive me, Lord Jesus, for letting the storms overwhelm me when you have promised to take care of me.  Help me to have a deep trust in your unfailing love.

Scripture: Matthew 14:32-33

Journal: What storms are in your life right now?  How is God asking you to trust him?  How can you not let circumstances get the best of you?

Reflection:

“And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down.” (Mt. 14:32)

 
                        storms

at the mercy of the wind and waves
is not how you intended this life to be

circumstances were never meant to dictate

only a deep trust in an unfailing love
can give us a firm place to set our feet
even when everything around us is in chaos

 

“But I have stilled and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.” (Ps. 131:2)

“Let actual circumstances be what they may, keep recognizing Jesus, maintain complete reliance on Him.” ~Oswald Chambers

Pray

Closing Prayer: Leave us in awestruck, joyful wonder, Lord Jesus, at the way you work in our lives—even amid the storms.  You alone can turn them from fearful, chaotic places, into sources of life and beauty and amazement.  But, in the meantime, while the storm continues to rage, give us a deep faith in your unfailing love, so that can be certain that you will take care of us as the waves continue to batter and the winds continue to blow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment