Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, December 30, 2023

god alone

Opening Prayer: “Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.” (Psalm 62:5-6)

Scripture: Psalm 62:5-6

Journal: What is your sense of well-being dependent upon?  What does that tell you about your life and your faith?  What would it look like for you to put your hope in God alone?

Reflection: “Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.” (Psalm 62:5-6)

Until my sense of well-being depends on God alone, I will always be at the mercy of mood, whim, and circumstance.  He alone is my rock and fortress.  He alone will allow my soul to find rest and peace.  He alone is my hope.  If my hope is in anyone or anything else, I am in for a rocky ride. 

“Trust in him, O people, pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.” (Psalm 62:8)

Pray

Closing Prayer: “Trust in him, O people, pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.” (Psalm 62:8)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment