Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

treasure me

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, you don’t ask for some, you demand all.  You want all of our energy, all of our attention, and all of our affection.  Help us to never give to others, that which belongs only to you.

Scripture: Mark 10:17-22

Journal: What is your treasure these days?  What consumes most of your time, attention, and energy?  What is the “one thing you lack” as you try to give all to Jesus?

Reflection: “One thing you lack.  Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have a treasure in heaven.  Then come, follow me.” (Mark 10:21)

One thing you lack.  In fact, the very first one.  The first commandment: “You shall have no other gods before me.”  I must be your one thing.  I must be your treasure.  Let go of whatever you treasure most, in order to treasure me above all else.  Whatever the currency of your life is, whatever (or whoever) occupies that first place, let it go and follow me.  There is no other way to the life you seek.  Treasure me.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Be my treasure, Lord Jesus, today and every day.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment