Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

cease striving

Opening Prayer: Cease striving and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10, NASB)

Scripture: Psalm 46:10

Journal: Where in your life are you striving these days?  Why and how?  How is God speaking to you about through this scripture?  What does he want to say to you?

Reflection: “Stop.  Just stop.  Stop trying desperately to prove you are worth loving and just let yourself be loved.  Let me love you.  Let me cradle you in my embrace and let me whisper words of delight and affection in your ear.  You are so busy, so full of striving.  Just be still for a moment and know that I am God.”

Pray

Closing Prayer: Forgive me, O Lord, for my endless striving.  Somewhere along the line it has stopped being about you and has started being about me.  Forgive me.  Give me the strength and the courage and the grace to stop trusting me and start trusting you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment