Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, September 8, 2022

ulterior motives

Opening Prayer: Forgive me, Lord Jesus, when life becomes more about me than it is about you, when it becomes more about my plans than about yours, when it becomes more about getting my way that doing your will.  Forgive me when my kiss becomes an attempt to get what I want, rather than an expression of my delight and affection.  Amen.

Scripture: Luke 22:48

Journal: What are your true motives in coming to Jesus today?  What kind of “kiss” are you giving him?  What is his response?

Reflection: “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?” (Luke 22:48) It’s sad how often I come to Jesus with ulterior motives.  And it’s comical to think that somehow I’ve convinced myself that he doesn’t see right through it.  And yet, like Judas, he loves me anyway.  Amazing Love!  How can it be?

Pray

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, you kiss us with the kiss of Divine Affection, and yet we kiss you with a kiss of betrayal or manipulation or demand.  Forgive us.  Help us to give you the love and adoration you deserve, both this day and every day.  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment