Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

busyness

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me never to miss you because I am too busy doing something else.  Amen.

Scripture: Mathew 25:1-13

Journal: What is your current level of busyness?  How do you feel about that?  How do you think God feels about that?  How does that busyness keep you from paying attention to God and what he is up to?

Reflection:


     busyness

     Mt. 25:13

we wear our busyness
like a badge of honor
a measurement of
our value and worth

but that badge
will not help us
at the midnight cry
when the words ring out
Here’s the Bridegroom!
Come out to meet him!

then there will only be regret
not that we had fallen asleep
but that we had been
too busy to notice

we did not have time to buy oil
there was too much else going on

therefore keep watch
because you do not know
the day or the hour

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Forgive me, Lord Jesus, when I get so preoccupied with my plans and agenda that I forget about yours.  Have mercy on me.  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment