Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, April 1, 2022

a fertile emptiness

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, forgive me for all the ways I try to be something.  Give me the strength and the courage and the grace to make myself mothing instead.  Help me to become more and more like you every day.  Amen.

Scripture: Philippians 2:5-8

Journal: How do you try to make yourself something?  How is Jesus asking you to make yourself nothing?  What does that look like?  Will you?

Reflection:

a fertile emptiness

if you really want to be like me
the way you say you do
then let go of every way
you try to make yourself something
and make yourself nothing instead
just like i did

                           ~jesus

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, I’m afraid that if I really emptied myself of all the ways I try to be something, there might not be anything left.  Which might be exactly what you are looking for.  Maybe that’s the kind of emptiness you want; the kind of emptiness that you can fill with yourself—a fertile emptiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment