Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, January 10, 2022

living in the light of truth

Opening Prayer:  Thank you, Lord Jesus, that you are the light of the world and when we walk with you, we walk in the light of truth.  Therefore, help us to do just that.  Help us to never live in the shadows, trying to make people think that we are better than we really are.  Help us, instead, to live openly and honestly before you and each other—never covering or posturing or pretending.  Just give us the courage and the grace and the strength to live authentically, so that way everyone will always know that anything good that they see in us is only because of you.

Scripture: John 3:21

Journal: What does it meant to walk in the light of truth?  How is God inviting you to do that?

Reflection: Living in the light means walking in the light of truth.  It means leaving behind all that is dark and hidden and false.  It involves not trying to make people think I am better than I am.  If I can somehow resist the tendency to hide my warts and my wounds and my deficiencies, then I can live a life that truly reveals God’s power and his love.  I can live a life that glorifies him, rather than one that glorifies myself.  Thus, my inadequacies highlight his adequacy, my weaknesses highlight his strength, and my deficiencies highlight his sufficiency. 

Lord Jesus, help me to live in the light of your truth, so that everyone can see that the only good in me is because of who you are.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Shine your light, Lord Jesus, into our dark places, so that everyone can see the truth, about us and about you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment