Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

burn

Opening Prayer: O Lord, help me to never neglect or ignore the flame within.  It is your very life within me.  Help me, by your grace, to keep my lamp burning, so that your light illuminates my heart, as well as your world.  Amen.

Scripture: Luke 12:35

Journal:  How will you keep your lamp burning during this season of Advent?

Reflection:

keep your lamp burning

tend and nurture the flame
of the Spirit that dwells
deep within you

it will light the way
for you and for others

don’t ignore it
don’t neglect it
don’t let it wane
don’t let it go out

don’t allow the cares
of this life to extinguish
the light and life within you

pray continually
make space and time
pay careful attention
watch and wait

this is how
we stay ready
for his coming

Prayer


Closing Prayer:
Oh, living flame of love
That tenderly woundest my soul in its deepest centre,
Since thou art no longer oppressive, perfect me now if it be thy will,
Break the web of this sweet encounter.

Oh, sweet burn! Oh, delectable wound!
Oh, soft hand! Oh, delicate touch
That savours of eternal life and pays every debt!
In slaying, thou hast changed death into life.

O lamps of fire! in whose splendours
The deep caverns of feeling,
Once obscure and blind,
Now give forth, so rarely, so exquisitely,
Both warmth and light to their Beloved.

How gently and lovingly you wake in my heart,
Where in secret you dwell alone;
And in your sweet breathing,
Filled with good and glory,
How tenderly You swell my heart with love.
~John of the Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment