Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, October 2, 2021

true confession

Opening Prayer: When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.  For day and night your hand was heavy upon me.; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.  Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity.  I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord—“ and you forgave the guilt of my sin. (Psalm 32:3-5)

Scripture: Psalm 32:3-5

Journal: What do you need to confess to the Lord today?  What is getting in the way of your relationship with him?  What is hindering you from living fully and freely in Christ?  What attitudes or beliefs are fueling that sinful, dysfunctional behavior?

Reflection:

true confession

do not let us

o Lord
stop too near the surface
in our confession

for if we do
we never really
get to the source
of our problem

we merely chop the weeds
off at the surface
only to see them
grow right back again
instead of pulling them
up by the roots

for apart from you
we don’t really even
know what to confess
we deal only with symptoms
rather than the disease

so show us
o Lord
what we really need to see
and give us the courage
to confess it
so that we might be free

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139:23-24)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment